Sunday, January 14, 2007

T-shirts on parade

Okay, I'm puzzled.

I was in the city today and a tall young man walked past me wearing a T-shirt with the following legend printed across the entire front, in large friendly letters:


CAREFULLY
NURTURED BY A
BLUE-FINGERED
GENIUS.


I'm guessing it has nothing to do with intelligent Andorians, but if you have any insights, please let me know.

I mean, I can understand most T-shirt messages. I liked the one I saw the other day, which had miniscule writing in the centre of the chest area that said, "If you can read this you're standing too bloody close." My only complaint with that one was that they expected people to pay just as much for it as others that used much more screenprinting ink.

1 comment:

Therin of Andor said...

And we have an answer!

I just couldn't stand it, so I tried entering the line into Google, and I discovered on this blog, even though it's in another language, that the slogan is an ad for Levi's Premium Class denim jeans.

Ingredients:
The finest thread,
The strongest weave,
The nicest wash,
The softest finish....
The kindest denim with the greatest fit.

CAREFULLY NURTURED BY A BLUE-FINGERED GENIUS.