Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The last notch

Last Australia Day, while heading into the CBD for dinner in a restaurant, I discovered that I'd picked up grease all over my trousers. Luckily, there was a nice menswear store still open in Darling Harbour and I found a good deal on a pair of casual pants and a very cool orange and green leather Mambo belt.

The belt has become a favourite, although I slowly ended up using all of the holes for the buckle, at various times of the year, as my waistline grew larger.

Today, I'm happy to report, I've used up the last hole instead! Now there's a huge flappy bit I keep hitting with my arm as I walk - and if I lose any more on this diet I'll be pulling out the old carving fork, and punching a new hole in the belt. Haven't done that in a loooong time.

No comments: