Sunday, February 03, 2008

The foggiest notion

It seemed like a great idea at the time. Leave the dog at home and take a quick trip to Katoomba (via breakfast at Glenbrook again - yummo! Mash coffee shop can be habit-forming) for a bush walk.

We arrived in Katoomba only to hear that the fog had "rolled in" twice already and suddenly, "Here it comes again!"

Undaunted, we headed off to Echo Point to see what remained visible of the Three Sisters tourist attraction. The Japanese tourists were quite perplexed...

Fog
If I used Photoshop, I could drop in a postcard of the Three Sisters behind me.

To make me feel even guiltier for leaving Jack at home, we met a Jack Russell terrier in the fog. Well, I think it might have been a Jack Russell. It certainly felt a bit like a Jack Russell.

Dog in fogwhiteWhere
This tourist dog (above left) was exactly the same colour
as the fog. He looked like a little disembodied head strolling
around the lookout. Ian (above right) desperately seeks the
Three Sisters at Queen Elizabeth's Lookout.
(Click on the photos to see larger versions.)



Wong Sisters
I didn't have the heart to tell the Japanese tourists
that they were heading in the wrong direction...



One Sister in the fog
One reluctant Sister finally makes an appearance. Her siblings remain shy.


IanwhiteLeura Cascades
A few nice photos: Ian (above left) at the one visible Sister;
and Leura Cascades Track in the rain (above right).
Click on the photos to see larger versions.


Sunday's magic number: 92.6 - Oh well... Too many distractions last week, including my housemate's midweek homemade bolognaise pizza, and a work colleague's 60th birthday party on Friday night. But I don't feel like I really put on two kgs! Damn that Home Ice Cream truck which drove by last Monday, the public holiday.

Time to get serious again. (Sigh. Didn't I say that last week?)

Quandongs
Bush tucker fit for an Andorian. I assume these are a variety
of quandongs, growing wild at Leura.

2 comments:

De said...

Those are some really neat pics, Ian. Yes, even the fog :-)

Therin of Andor said...

Thanks.

Here are some fog free pics of the Three Sisters.