Thursday, October 30, 2008

A sojourn to Shellharbour


Shellharbour

I'm back - from a bizarre and wonderful holiday experience in the middle of a busy working week.

On Wednesday afternoon, I caught the train to Wollongong, was met by committee members of ISLA, an enthusiastic and active south coast teacher-librarians' group, who took me to dinner and booked me into the lovely motel (pictured above), and then next morning I was able to stroll across the road to the school which was hosting the district's day of professional development activities.

My two presentations went very well, or at least I feel that they did as I intended, and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Too bad there wasn't time to see the tide coming in in the daylight hours, but it sounded pretty at about 11.30pm on Wednesday night.

Tomorrow, it's back to work, as if nothing unusual happened, except that (hopefully) the 120 or so attendees have plenty of new teaching ideas to try out.

No comments: