Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sassy Sue


Ian with Sue Williams

It's always fun to catch up with friends and acquaintances at the annual "Succeed..." literary seminar and Sassy Awards, for members of Selwa Anthony's Author Management Agency. Yesterday, it was on again. Where did that year go? (And didn't we say that ladst year, too?)

I first met Sue Williams, writer and freelance journalist, at "Succeed Some More in '94". We sat next to each other at Selwa's first gathering of authors, at a time when all attendances could fit around one table in the restaurant! For many years now, the Sassy Awards have needed a whole ballroom at the Novotel, Brighton-le-Sands, to fit everybody in.

This year, I did very well with the daytime raffle, winning eleven Ian Irvine science fiction novels. Ian told me, later, that I was now the owner of 2.3 million words! That guy is sure prolific!

Another great day and evening, but I really must do something about completing something to send off to Selwa.

Sunday's magic number: 96.7 - Ooops, and I must do something about eating naughty things, too.

No comments: