Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas approaches

#221
Christmas trees at Central railway station. 17 December, 2009.

You can tell that Christmas is on its way. Just before I took this gorgeous shot yesterday, I was notified by my credit union that my credit card had been counterfeited and someone had cleaned out my account over two days! The credit union has reimbursed my account balance already, but it still feels like I've been violated. The paperwork I must now fill out is annoying beyond belief. The Christmas season tends to bring out the best and the worst in society. Sigh.

What's worse, I realised today exactly where I was when the card information was duplicated! The police and credit union have said these these cases are so prevalent they are highly unlikely to be investigated the way a murder would be investigated. So now I have to decide if I approach the (very large) shop concerned... Will the management actually listen to my suspicions? I wonder...

#222
Christmas tree decorations for 2009. 18 December, 2009.

Customised "Bear and Chook" ornament - note the Santa hat on Chook's tail. They will share a branch this year with a collectible Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo ornament, from the animated TV series, "South Park".

No comments: